Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bee Sting

I think that just about every kid, sooner or later will get stung. Today it was Alex's turn. He and Ava were playing in the backyard when she came back into the house crying hysterically, telling Shane that he had to help Alex. Shane, of course, got really worried and was about to go outside when Alex came back in. He was patting at his shirt and when Shane took it off, a wasp flew out. I guess the wasp flew into the sleeve of his t-shirt and couldn't get out. Needless to say, Alex got stung, not just once but 4 times! OUCH! He was very brave about it, only a few tears and I think poor little Ava was more traumatized than he was. I cleaned up the stings and gave Alex some Benadryl, just in case he had an allergic reaction. Shane found the wasp and smushed it and a little while later, I found another wasp flying around our house, so there might have been 2 in his shirt! Yikes! The good news is that Alex is fine, there was no allergic reaction and you can hardly see the stings anymore.

2 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Oh ouch! I hate getting stung. It is even worse when it happens to the kids. Glad he was so brave. I would have cried for hours!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! What a brave guy! It does sound like Ava was traumatized! What a great sister to run get help. I'm glad he didn't have a bad reaction.