Monday, January 3, 2011

Chinese, gymnastics, and glasses

With the start of the new school year comes afterschool activities (or in Ava's case, before school activities). Alex isn't home until about 4 everyday (4:30 when it's my turn to carpool), and once homework is done, there isn't much time for activities. However, I did sign him up for Chinese lessons (his choice) once a week, which he really enjoys. He has learned numbers, colors, a bunch of phrases and how to play mah-jongg. Alex also got glasses this fall and I'm including a picture of him in his new specs. Doesn't he look cute?


Last year, Ava got to watch Alex participate in a few activities and I felt guilty for not signing her up for anything (actually, she was in swimming but didn't want to do it after a couple of lessons). So, this year I signed her up for gymnastics and she loves it. She has also been more open to swimming so I signed her and Alex up for weekly lessons. My kids love the water and I think if they could they would be swimming everyday.

No comments: