Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Knock, knock

For a while now, Alex has really been into knock, knock jokes. Unfortunately, I only know about 3 of them. Anyway, Ava soon got into it as well but after telling us who was there, she would just smile and laugh. Now we just do the knock, knock jokes without the punchline, which I guess means that they're not really jokes anymore but the kids like thinking up who is there (it's usually a family member or cartoon character).
Anyway, for the past couple of days, we have been talking to Alex about how we are getting a new president. He already knew that Barack Obama was elected but he will still ask about John McCain and we have to remind him that he lost the election and that Obama won. Then he'll ask about George Bush and we told him that Bush is done being president and that it's Obama's turn. Well, I was watching the inauguration today with the kids when Ava says, "Knock, knock" and I reply, "Who's there?" and she says, "Barack Obama." I had to laugh. I guess she's interested in politics, too.

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

My kids do the same thing! Ha ha that is funny. My kids are also obsessed with Barack Obama. I "thank" the school for that.

Lora said...

Gracie loves to tell knock, knock jokes!! I only no a few as well. I'll trade you mine for yours! I could use a some more!

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Impatient cow
Impat...
MOO!