Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chia-Pet, Take Two

Ok, I really don't know what happened. We followed the directions and everything but somehow Alex's chia pet didn't grow. There were a few sparse sprouts on the sides and legs but that's about it (it definitely did not look like the ones on tv and I'll spare you a picture of our sad looking chia). Fortunately the kit comes with extra seeds so I washed off all the old ones and we spread the new ones on. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will grow this time around. However, I think this has been a good lesson for Alex, like the old adage says, if at first you don't succeed...

2 comments:

Melanie Jacobson said...

Good luck!

Michelle said...

Good luck on round two. I really wanted to see how it turned out...I've never seen one (at least one that wasn't grown for a commercial).