Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First snow

We here in Valparaiso, IN live in some weird Bermuda Triangle of weather. Whenever there is a storm heading for the Chicago area, we seem to get the worst of it. Today was no different. While Chicago got nothing, we woke up to 6 inches of snow. SNOW! :( In my opinion, November is way too early for that sort of thing. However, I'm sure you can guess what was Alex and Ava's reaction. Yup. SNOW! : ) Of course we had to go outside, it was the first snowfall. The kids had fun playing and sledding down the hill in our front yard but now it is time for the snow to melt and not return until next year (I know, wishful thinking).

1 comment:

Melanie Jacobson said...

I can't tell you how much I don't miss the snow. In fact, we took a bike ride to the beach yesterday and I wore shorts. Not to rub it in or anything. Maybe it's worth a White Christmas...

Nah!