Friday, October 17, 2008

What the hank?!

You know how children love to copy what you say? Such it is with Alex (and Ava). Apparently, I have a tendency to say 'what the heck' a lot and Alex has picked up on that. However, when he says it, it comes out as 'what the hank' which is usually followed by 'you gotta be kidding me'. He generally only says it when he's irritated about something which, unfortunately was a lot this week. Anyway, Shane and I like it so much that we've started saying it, too. Hey, why not, what the hank.

3 comments:

Lora said...

Hi Isolde!! My Dad came to visit not too long ago and was using just a little of his colorful plumber language and guess who decided to copy? So I totally know how that one goes. She only used one of the words and has never used it since!! I do like "what the hank?" It has a nice ring to it! Have great day!

Michelle said...

So cute! I still say you have some of the most adorable children I have ever seen!

Melanie Jacobson said...

Little kids talking is pretty much the best. I still miss James and his "slobber joes."