Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation

I always thought that preschool graduations were kind of silly-I mean seriously, is it really necessary?  That is until I saw my own children in their makeshift caps and then it was the cutest thing ever.  This was Ava's third and last year of preschool-she was kind of like a 5th year senior in some ways.  She barely missed the kindergarten cutoff (21 days but who's counting?) and so it was another year at Little Lamb Preschool.  I have to admit that I really wanted Ava to start kindergarten this past year.  She was ready.  However, I also had the feeling that she should do another year of preschool.  I'm so glad that I listened to that prompting!  Ava had a fantastic year.  She had a wonderful class and great teachers.  All the kids really got along with each other and Ava made some great friends.  She has become a much more confident child and I think keeping her in preschool really has made all the difference.  I know Ava will miss her school and friends but she is also excited and very ready for kindergarten.

Getting her diploma.

With her teacher, Mrs. Bokma.

With her other teacher, Mrs. Baughman.

With her BFF, Kenzie.

My little graduate!

No comments: