Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know I've said it before, but I love Thanksgiving. To be more specific, I love the food at Thanksgiving, probably because I never have to cook it. This year was no different as we traveled up to Illinois to spend the holiday with Shane's dad. However, the day was also marked with sadness as it is the first holiday without Shane's mom, who passed away last month. We miss her greatly and know that the holidays will not be the same without her.
As I talked with Alex and Ava about what they were thankful for, they mentioned their family and named specific people. I think this year especially, I am thankful for my family and grateful for the time we have shared together.



2 comments:

Laura said...

The kids look so cute!

Lora said...

I didn't know you lost Shane's Mother. I'm so sorry for you loss! The first holidays are so hard, we'll keep you (especially Shane) in our prayers!